2 hours away
- Pike Place Market is in the heart of downtown Seattle, right at the pier. It is the best market from which to buy fresh fish, fresh flowers, local artist craftsmanship and enjoy the waterfront pier, all at the same time.
- The Seattle Science Museum is a must see, offering I-Max theater movies, and exhibits that are interesting for the entire family.
- Underground City tours of Seattle explore areas of Seattle that are under sea level, which have been built on top of.
- The Seattle Space Needle is a monument dedicated to Seattle's future growth in the aerospace industry. It stands high above the skyline and offers wonderful 360-degree views of Puget Sound, as well as a revolving restaurant.
- The international district is a traveler's paradise with Asian markets and restaurants and antique malls.
- Boating and hiking along Lake Washington is also wonderful way to spend the afternoon.