Aberdeen (5-10 minutes away)
Aberdeen, Washington sits on magnificent Grays Harbor, and the city's strategic location between the natural beauty of the Washington coast and the impressive Olympic Peninsula makes A Harbor View Inn an ideal place to call your home away from home from which to explore. Each of our five comfortable guestrooms offers a view of Grays Harbor, and each morning of your stay you will enjoy a delicious breakfast that will give you all the energy you need to enjoy a day full of adventure.
See nature at its best in the shorebird migration at Bowerman Basin. Glimpse Aberdeen's past in the historical museum, murals, and buildings. Discover hometown hospitality in distinctive, hospitable stores. Savor dining selections from home style to gourmet. Experience the finest in outdoor life with boating, fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, horseback riding, kayaking, bird watching, whale watching, clamming, and beach combing all within minutes of Aberdeen or enjoy nature walks found throughout the city.
- An excellent walking tour of the homes on historic Broadway Hill is a pleasant afternoon activity. Enjoy the gardens and homes built by many lumber barons and early businessmen of Aberdeen.
- Aberdeen Museum of History has local exhibits depicting the history of Aberdeen including a general store, fire department, theater, and home. You can also visit the Polson Museum in Hoquiam located inside a historic home.
- Stroll along the waterfront to visit local outdoor attractions including the Compass Rose and Morrison Riverfront Park.
- Two local theatres are available to enjoy plays: the Driftwood Theatre and the Bishop Playhouse.
- A 10-plex movie theater is located in Southshore Mall in southern Aberdeen.
- An abundance of downtown antiques and specialty shops are sure to delight the shopper in you.
- View shorebirds and other native birds at the Grays Harbor National Wildlife refuge, located in Hoquiam near Bowerman Basin.
- For those who love to golf, there are two courses in Aberdeen and one in Ocean Shores.